Thursday, August 08, 2002

So I watched Would Like To Meet yesterday. OK imagine a gay George Chittenden (a bloke at school) seeking a man... he is 29, a school teacher and doesn't even have gaydar....

Where as usually I laugh myself silly at the antics of hetros who are having trouble dating..... yesterday I felt bad for him..... and the advice he was being given made me feel bad.... "you need to look more gay"... "if you ever want a boyfriend you need to act more gay"...... Why? Do gay men only fall in love with camp, stylish and beautiful men (not that there is anything wrong with that!!)? Gay men come in all styles, ages, looks, etc. It seemed to me to be so homophobic, boxing people in. Grrr....

Right I have got to go get dressed and head for the bank to give in a standing order.... yes I know my life is just too exciting....

No comments:

Post a Comment