Tuesday, August 06, 2002

Bad Seed

I feel so isolated here in this town/country/world. Like there is no one here who can quite understand where I am coming from. My dreams, my ideals, are so far removed from society's. Society seems to always have a bee in its bonnet. To always be facing yet another moral crisis. To always need to know what goes on behind others closed doors.

I, on the other hand, just want a simple life. To leave peacefully, with people I care about, harming no one, and letting others live their lives how they feel fit.

I used to care about politics. But now I wonder, why? Why do I need to care, for it is I, not some distant out of touch politician or journalist, who is in charge of my destiny and my future. The police, the moral majority, and the government are not things I worry about anymore. The whole idea of society, of a civilisation or state, seems right now to be very bizarre. I never gave anyone else authority over what I do, with whom, when or where. And now I don't recognise their imposed authority over me. Who are they to tell me what to do? Who are you to tell how to be?

As the Wiccan Rede says. "And ye harm none, do what thou will". And I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment