Saturday, March 09, 2013

Eurovision 2013: United Kingdom

Bonnie Tyler is supposedly best known for "Total Eclipse of the Heart" but personally I remember her best for "Holding Out For A Hero". This probably goes a long way towards showing the sort of rubbish I enjoy. But pretty soon she will be best known to us all as the 2013 UK entry for the Eurovision Song Contest!!

The song she will be performing is "Believe In Me", and it is actually pretty good.



It is the first UK entry in a long time that I actually enjoy listening to. It's got a nice "long drive accompaniment" vibe to it that is right up my alley when it comes to music. Does it have a chance? I'd like to think it has a shot, but then again I was scandalised at the low placing of Scooch so I'm really not someone who can judge!

The real issue is how the performance will go. I'll be very interested to see how Bonnie manages to sing this live and not look as awkward as she does at some points in the video. But I have faith! I Believe In Bonnie. Onwards to Malmo!

1 comment:

  1. Just listened to it and yes it is pretty good. I might even vote for it (as I shall be in Spain at the time) :)

    ReplyDelete