Sunday, July 14, 2002

Songs That Mean Stuff

Yes here it is the (non) definitive list of songs that bring back memories and what those memories are.... (note there are a lot more than this!!)

"Holiday" by Madonna. This song is the first song I remember and brings back memories of being a child, and of Melly-Mels.

"Lovefool" by the Cardigans and "Head Over Feet" by Alanis. These songs remind me of my 1997 trip to Italy. This trip marked the beginning of my homosexual awakening. It was really nice, sunny weather and these songs remnd me of a carefree, happy time in my life.

"Frozen" by Madonna and "Mulder and Scully" by Catatonia. Reminds me of my first crush on the Sixth Former. I would listen to these while doing my paper round, and they aren't exactly happy or depressive memories. The lines:

"Things are getting strange,
I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully"


are very appropriate!!

"Come Back To What You Know" by Embrace (that title sounds familiar...) is the song that reminds me of my time at Saga my crush on Adam the internal mail man, and my descent into my first depression, liable to make me cry.....

"Sweet Like Chocolate" by ? and "Summer Girls" by LFO. The best summer of my life!! Being on Dymchurch beach or having a random garden party, or making out with Colin while my mates all get stoned out of their heads (Jae looks on disapprovingly in between kissing :o) ) That summer was so hot and funky. Liable to make me dance even worse than usual...

"Stomp" by Steps. Mine and Stephens tune.......

"Maybe an Angel" by Heather Nova. Will make me cry, this is the song that I spent the days after Melly-Mels died listening to.....

So I have told you some of mine, why not tell me some of yours. If you have read this leave a note in my comments with a song that means something to you.....






Which incarnation of Kylie are you?


Thanks to Gay, Dead Or Canadian for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment