Saturday, June 21, 2008

Growing Up

I forget that the twins are growing up so quickly. I remember them as babies, first holding them in my arms one snowy morning in 1996 in Maidstone Hospital. And I've not always been there for them as a big brother, caught up so much in my own growing up experience.

But now they are 12 years old. They are no longer just my little sister and brother. They are becoming adults.

George set up his own Facebook profile today which kind of hammered home how much they are starting to change. And how much I adore Beth and George (despite all their faults!).

Firstly George's about me section:

"my name is george with a totaly cool brother called jae!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'll forgive his failure to capitalise and spell, mainly because I believe it may be the best About Me I've seen anywhere on the net ;)

And then he's got some weird picture as his profile picture, suggests on his profile he likes drumming, horses, the X-Box 360 and girls and joined the group "Remembering Lawrence King (Murdered Because He was Gay.)."

I know, I know, this is going to sound silly. But I hardly ever think of George (or Beth) as an interesting individual. They are just my little brother and sister. I need to change my views on them... I need to start treating them like the adults they are going to become.

God, I'm sounding old today...

No comments:

Post a Comment