So on Friday I logged into my Betfair account, and finding I had 4 pounds there I placed a bet on the Czech Republic to win their Euro 2008 match on Saturday. Winning that, I also bet on the other game that day. And won.
Sunday I "reinvested" those winnings into the two games played and won both times again.
So I'm now on £30 odd pounds and so I thought I'd start a little experiment.
Using Betfair I am going to place bets on every Euro 2008 game, always choosing the favourite to win (regardless of my heart's desire), and see if I can make some money.
The rules are:
1) I can't add any further money to my Betfair account beyond the initial £4 that was there to start with.
2) I must always bet on the favourite to win. No strange bets on the correct score or on the Asian Handicap
3) I invest all winnings, split evenly over each days games, to the nearest pound. I must do this the day before the games to get the best odds. No hedging my bets.
4) I keep playing until I am out of money (have less than the minimum £2 bet in my account) or until the final.
5) If my winnings go above £200 (keep dreaming Jae) I must cash £100 to my bank account immediately and then play again with the remaining £100.
As this game is only going to effectively cost me £4 I have no problems with following these rules... I'll give daily updates on my progress.
Wish me luck!