Saturday, June 07, 2008

Forest Of The Dead: Doctor Who 4.09

Well last weeks episode was brilliant and it was going to be a hard act to follow. But follow it they did and what a conclusion!!

We have lots of running about, the scariest monsters either featured in Doctor Who (the Vashta Nerada, they are completely invisible, feed like piranhas and live in shadows), the saddest last 10 minutes since Human Nature last season, and a conclusion where EVERYBODY LIVES! Yay... makes a nice change!

River Song was a brilliant character and worthy of being the Doctor's wife. The supporting cast's acting was high quality. The exterior shots for the library were of such a good quality that I have to believe they are the best special effects in Doctor Who since it began all the way back in 1963.

Marvelous, simply marvelous.

However... I have to say I'm not looking forward to the end of the season. I love Donna, and based on both what has been said in the show, and some spoilers, I get the feeling we are not going to have a happy ending to her story. Plus I'm not a big Rose fan. She was a great character whilst she was around but I was glad when she was gone. And of course she's back, stealing the limelight from Martha (who I miss terribly) and Donna (who I'm going to miss terribly).

And after the Last of the Time Lords, I'm worried this season ending won't be even sillier.

Oh well... I'm not making the show, and if the final show has got David Tennant in it, it can't fail to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment