Sunday, September 30, 2007

Revenge Of the Slitheen: The Sarah Jane Adventures 1.1



**Spoilers**

Sorry for taking a week to post this. I kept meaning to watch it but kept forgetting to!

Now this is a CBBC show so I put my 10 year old hat on (rather than my usual 14 year old hat... I'm still saving up for my 24 year old one...) to remember what the shows I used to watch were like... Round the Twist, Grange Hill etc. And I have to say that this show certainly stands up to the very best of all those shows from my youth.

The story involves a final attempt of revenge against the Earth by the Slitheen family last seen in Doctor Who series one. Some of the effects were a bit off (a dodgy hand at the very beginning being the worst effect seen in DW media since the classic series) and some of the acting left something to be desired but overall the first two episodes (SJA stories are all two parters) were pretty good.

I loved the fact that Luke refers to Sarah Jane as mum. I loved the never give up attitude of Sarah Jane. And I loved Joseph Millson who returns as the top totty for the show. Yum.

Overall I was rather pleased with the opening gambit for this new show and even if it is aimed a couple year belows my mental age (only a couple though!) I'll tune in again.

2 comments:

  1. You have an interesting new look to the blog's format. Having the borders showing as dotted lines makes it look like what the tailor does when he is finishing a man's suit. You know, marking it up with dashes of chalk.

    Was it a lot of work to get it that way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those have been there since whenever I got this template. However, I think the reason you're only just noticing them is because I've made two posts in one day which shows them up a little more.

    Not my handiwork, I'm not that good!

    ReplyDelete