Sunday, September 09, 2007

Halloween 2007



You, Dear Constant Reader, should know by now that I like horror movies. And I really love the horror franchises. Oh sure Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street were great... but my heart will always be given to Halloween. That movie was so very good, the music so iconic and the bad guy was truly terrifying. The movies that followed had their ups and downs (Josh Harnett in H20 was a massive UP!).



So it was with a mixture of excitement and apprehension that I sat down to watch the remake of Halloween. You know what? It wasn't bad? It a marked improvement on Halloween: Resurrection and the backstory on Michael Myers and his relationships with his family and Dr Loomis is welcome. Not a patch on the original though and to be honest they may as well have made a prequel rather than a remake. Oh well... with Michael Myers now being 6'8" I can dress up as him at Halloween and give it a real authentic feel! :D

2 comments:

  1. In a week or two I will post a newsy report combining several of your favorite things -- Halloween, Steven King and Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I look forward to that!

    ReplyDelete