Friday, September 07, 2007

Blasts From The Past, Dave Lee Roth

A series of posts about those memories that just won't get out of my head. I hope writing them down will help exorcise the demons...

My mother is to blame for my Dave Lee Roth memories. She was an eighties rock chick (she's moved on to Scissor Sisters since then) and she listened to Van Halen, Kiss, Motorhead, Marc Bolan and above all else... Dave Lee Roth.

She had one video and on it was Just A Gigolo, California Girls, Yankee Rose and Goin' Crazy. And she played it constantly... go to her house and hum a few bars of any of those and she and my siblings will sing all the way through....

It reminds of a fun time in my life, living in Snodland, spending my days at Primary School whilst my evenings and weekends were spent walking the dogs around the great chalk pits nearby (full of allsorts of wildlife) and spending time with my mates. Innocent, sweet times...

No comments:

Post a Comment