Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Mudge Boy

Sunday night Jim and I headed to our local and during the process of getting pleasantly drunk we found our neighbours were also there and we joined their large group of mates. While Jim got to talk to the neighbours I got stuck with a scary Scottish girl ("You have a lovely profile") and her geeky gay flatmate (yes, he likes comics). Thanks Jim!


Last night we watched The Mudge Boy. This film is not to be watched if, like me, you find watching people in embarrassing situations difficult to watch.

Boy caught putting chickens head in mouth? Check.
Boy strokes other boys arm awkwardly. Check.
Boy caught by father wearing his dead mothers wedding dress just after getting fucked? Check.

I think I may have strained some facial muscles having cringed so much from displaced embarrassment.

The movie itself was quite good, if a little sedate. Emile Hirsch plays Duncan Mudge well and the acting is at a generally high quality throughout.

Technorati Tags: Gay

3 comments:

  1. *slaps jae*

    Oi there's nothing wrong with being a comic book geek!!

    ;op

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:44 am

    Hmm...I'll skip this movie then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a comic book geek!

    Waiting for my Buffy fix... should be delivered tomorrow... ooooo...

    ReplyDelete