Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tex-Mex

Last night my department went out for a meal to the Texas Embassy, a Tex-Mex restaurant. The food was awesome.. huge portions... we shared a Texas Rose for a starter which is a giant onion, flowered and then deep fried. I was lovely. I had a chicken fajita for my main, which I couldn't finish because there was so much. Really lovely. Then, despite claiming to be full, I managed to fit in a Turtle Cheesecake (cheese? cake??) which was a piece of chocolate heaven. Service was good, decor cool. Not a classy restaurant but certainly a place to go with a group of friends.

My home county Kent was voted off the top spot for most beautiful county in Britain. I so agree. It's beauty is still there but the people make it ugly. Some of the towns (Ramsgate springs to mind) just couldn't give a damn about looking after it's image. And all those London commuters are, like the Londoners who arrived in the mid 20th Century, are ruining the old ways. It's a real shame.

Technorati : , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment