Thursday, June 15, 2006

Billie Piper Leaves Doctor Who

Full story here. I'll admit it... when I first saw Rose Tyler in action I thought "Dear Lord NO!". Something about her didn't sit right with me. But it didn't take me long to warm to her. Rose has been one of the best companions in the shows history. Funny, fun loving, honest, curious, strong willed and naive. Billie Piper was the perfect choice to play her. Rose and Billie will be missed. Long live Doctor Who.

But more shockingly... the poll on the news page for best companion shows only a 4% support for Tegan! THAT IS SCANDALOUS! I loved Tegan. She was one of those unfortunate "reluctant" companions (the ones who accidentally enter the TARDIS thinking it really is a police box) but she quickly became chief companion above Nyssa, Adric, and Turlough. Her no nonsense attitude was a breath of fresh air compared to previous companions... Vote for Tegan!!

I have a sneaking suspicion Rose, Sarah Jane and K9 are only winning because they are the only companions the new generation of fans know!

Technorati : , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment