Friday, May 29, 2009

Many Moons Have Passed

Once upon a time I used to work two shifts at TVW (8am – 4.30pm and 4.30pm until 11pm) in order to earn less money than I get now, and for all intents and purposes I am now working 4 day weeks on 8.45am to 5pm shifts. How messed up is that? Yes, Dear Constant Reader, today I received the largest pay cheque I’ve ever laid my eyes upon. Although most of it is already allocated to things, it is still sobering to think that just 4 years ago I was slaving away, walking home up dark country lanes at half 11 at night, for a pittance.

This week is a three day week for me, so today has felt like a Tuesday which means I shall be due a pleasant surprise tomorrow evening when I discover there is no Thursday and Friday. Mmm. This weekend I am returning to Folkestone to lend a hand with Sam’s election in Hythe. It’s been 4 years since I got off my lazy arse and helped out the Lib Dems, so I suppose I owe this to them! Plus Sam is standing (for local elections) and it would be somewhat rude of me not to pop down and help him out.

So plans are that my finances finally begin to get sorted out this month. Time to start properly NOT spending money. No more diet coke at work. No more magazine buying (except Private Eye and the Economist, please you can’t take them away from me!!). I’ve survived with no money for two weeks, if I can just be strong and not buy unnecessary food/books/magazines/related rubbish then I will be MUCH better off and more able to help out with buying food for the evening etc. It’s not like I couldn’t stand to lose some kilos!!

This blogger works for nothing but the joy of writing but always appreciates things bought from his wishlist

No comments:

Post a Comment