Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hmm....

... me thinks someone at the British Humanist Association sent the BBC a press release about their bendy bus anti-God campaign. To be honest I find it a disturbing development. Last year, when I first saw a Christian advert on a bus, I was greatly annoyed at the trivialisation of the subject. Now atheists have joined this silly, gimmicky fad.

I'm an atheist, Christians are the sorts of people who put up adverts... mainly because they are often after our money. Those without belief should not be following them in this pathetic, base attempt to appeal to those who probably don't have an interest in it either way. It's hardly going to make you think...

"There's probably no God". Oooo... insightful.

5 comments:

  1. The thing is, people who do not believe in gods, seem highly invisible in the Western society.

    To me it seems we always hear about god believing people complaining about things and forcing their opinions on others (yes, I am exaggerating a bit).

    So I think atheists should become more visible, but I am not sure if a bus ad is the best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I'm a Christian and I don't want a penny of your money.

    It's unfortunate that this is all you've seen of Christianity--either you've seen only bad examples, or you are a bad example of over generalizing or making commentary sans research?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Dfofen, I wish you well with your religion. Individual Christians do not want others money. Don't get me wrong there..

    But if you honestly do not believe that most of the larger church organisations, especially those that advertise on large posters around London, are not after your money then you are very naive indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. D'oh! too many nots, remove one and it'll make more sense...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The story about the anti_God bus adverts is in the news here. In rural Florida no less -- SWIT (Small World Isn't It).

    ReplyDelete