Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Downsides

My posts about my new job have been fairly bubbly and positive, because I feel fairly bubbly and positive about it. But it's not all happy times.

Willesden and Lewisham are really my only "friends". I don't have a laugh with anyone else, most of the people there are either the bland drones I grew used to at Three Valleys Water or are just not my sort of people (like the rude, misogynistic Jehovah Witness who says he's off to Bible class just after going "Look at the arse on that" when a female colleague walks past causing me to clench my fists and stop myself from beating him... either be a Jehovah Witness or be a player... you can't be both!!). Euroffice certainly did one thing right, it contained some of the most fun and most interesting people I've ever met. And I miss them terribly, even if I know that I made the right choice to leave. I'm terrible at keeping in contact as I have no money or phone at the best of times so if any Eurofficers are reading this pass on my fondest regards to everyone... miss you all loads!

I just wish there was someone there on my wave length... at least most people at Euroffice could comprehend my idiosyncracies even if they still thought I was bonkers. At this new place I don't think they can even comprehend some of the stuff I'm reading at lunch... and that's not to say they are stupid, it's saying they live on a totally different planet.

Oh well, otherwise things are ok there, most people are nice at least, which is better than nothing.

1 comment:

  1. 'They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway,
    They say there's always magic in the air...'

    You will make it work Jae.
    Good Luck. Have fun with it.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete