Friday, October 03, 2008

First Week Is Over With

My first week at Plan B is over and I'm starting to get an impression: I bloody love this new job. And I saw how much the permanent staff are on and I thought "I want some of that". The lowest pay figure is still more than I was on before. I really want to excel.

Today I did some call outs, and got to actually speak to the "customers" (I don't want to use the correct term as I'm trying to be subtle about where I work on here). After working with demanding customers in retail, these folks are diamonds. Sure there will be a lot of unhappy people but at least I know these people who are shouting at me have rather unhappy lives and thus have some sort of excuse for their rudeness. I think I did quite well today. Fingers crossed.

Willesden had me crying with laughter whilst the two of us were doing some training together when she told me of her phobia. She is scared of.... sloths. SLOTHS!! Of all the crazy arsed phobias that is the funniest I've ever heard.

After work we have a team meeting and... free alcohol. That was always the saving grace of my last job. Can this job get any better????

Lewisham and Willesden (my two fellow trainees, in case you were wondering) had me cracking up after work and we had a quick tipple in a nearby Belushi's pub where I spat alcohol all over them as they made me explode with laughter. Willesden's friend told me I had a posh voice, the fourth person this week to say that to me. Bless them, they have no idea where I come from... fucking Snodland ain't it? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment