Monday, January 08, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

Over New Year we drove to my parents. As we drove up the A20 towards Lympne a hushed "home" slipped through my lips. This began a short debate between Jim and I over where home is and he argued that you can only have one place you call home. In my case either Greenwich or Folkestone.

I disagree. Greenwich is my home because this is where I pay my rent, sleep most nights, watch telly, veg out and contemplate cleaning. The man I love is here (yes Jim. That is you!). Work is near here. This is home. But Folkestone is my home too. My memories of important times in my life are there, my friends are there, my family is there. My cat is there. It too is just as much my home as here.

Do you think it is possible to have more than one place you consider "home"?

Technorati Tags: Gay

No comments:

Post a Comment