Saturday, April 22, 2006

Yet Another Obsession

So you thought you'd heard of all my childhood obsessions recently? Wrong... trust me they were limitless... obviously now I never get obsessed with anything (of course not... Ed)

Today I purchased my first coin in ages. Yes I am (was) a coin collector. My collection seemingly appeared from no where and grew... somehow. I've never quite been sure how and why it started or grew... I just remember someone giving me a jar of coins one day and things went from there... I had (have somewhere) ancient Thai coins, Napoleonic coins, commerative coins and just about every coin of the old Empire and Europe. How much was spent on my collection? Ooo... about.... zero pence. The 6 year old collector has his means I suppose...

Well today I bought myself a 2001 Sacagawea Dollar. I have the feeling it won't be my last purchase...

Look here's my wish list

I have found a new person to lust over...



Greg Vaughan

3 comments:

  1. I recently started to collect coffee spoons, with a special subset of coffee spoons from defunct airlines. The latest one is from Manx Airlines, but my favorite is the one from BOAC. The best part is that the whole collection is in a mug beside our coffeemaker -- so it is a useful hobby, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'm not a great drinker of coffee, are you talking about those plastic stirrer things or full on spoons? Manx Airlines? As in Isle of Man? That would be really obscure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are real metal spoons but smallish. The older ones are even silver plate, later ones are stainless steel and several are by famous designers of the day.

    Manx Airline operated out of the Isle of Man in the 80s and 90s. BA bought it about 10 years ago.

    I see you have grown another inch. What's up with that? A hearty diet, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete