Thursday, April 13, 2006

They Don't Make Telly Like They Used To

Emu's Al Live Pink Windmill Show is proof of this... and who can ever forget Knightmare? Way ahead of it's time.

Raggy Dolls, Superted, Banana Man. Awesome programmes with absolutely no educational value whatsoever... Tellytubbies, Tweenies and Balamory just ain't the same as Play School.

Last night had work drinks at the Dusk Bar in Battersea. Due to a distinct lack of anyone else in the bar it had absolutely no atmosphere, which wasn't helped by the icy waitress. When asked for a Long Island Ice Tea by Scott her response was "We don't do those in here, do you want to get drunk or something?". Yes actually... that's why we were in a bar... after all we weren't there to soak up the non existent ambience. An extensive cocktail list was provided (I did my best to try all of it as was evidenced by my drunken wander home), and their Warsaw Pact was divine. But crap food, crap service and crap atmosphere make this a should avoid... go to the Lost Society in Clapham instead!



Yoinked from the ever awesome Male and Beautiful

2 comments:

  1. I hear you!

    I used to love Ulysses 31 & Mysterious Cities of Gold the most ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the guy from 'Saved By The Bell'? I have a picture very similar to it but the guy seems to have lost his trunks !!! I always wondered if it had been 'photoshopped' guess I have my answer now !! ;o)

    ReplyDelete