Saturday, April 08, 2006

Petty Events Are The Root Of Evil And Other Stories

Last night headed out for a double leaving do to Lost Society. Alex from accounts and Morgan from my department were leaving and as always we sent them out in style. The Lost Society is cool, relaxed and the staff are courteous (and gorgeous!). If you get a chance pop by. Really liked it.

I shall miss Morgan loads, proper southern belle from South Carolina. Will have to keep in contact with her. I hate the fact we have temps at work. Not because I'm a pompous git who looks down on them, but because they turn up and you start to make friends with them... then they leave. Our work nights out are a constant revolving door of hellos and goodbyes. Horrid.

I am beginning to almost understand some of the geography of south east London (where I live and work). And I really am getting to grips with the train network (obviously as trains have always been my preferred method of travel). But I'm always finding new ways home... Clapham to flat door in 40 minutes... not bad in the middle of the night!

Went to McDonalds to get brekkie this morning... one of the members of staff took my order wrong... fine, I work in customer service and I don't get bothered by that kind of thing. But then when I said to his colleague I also wanted something else, he basically accused me of underpaying on purpose in hopes of getting a little extra.

I almost floored the bastard there and then. I let it piss me off, which was stupid, but God some people haven't the fucking first clue of how to treat customers.

And this is from Jae the bloke who will happily eat cold food in a restaurant rather than cause any bother...

No comments:

Post a Comment