Sunday, January 07, 2018

WORK AHOY!

Since last I wrote about work things have changed quite a lot. Firstly I'm no longer a manager, instead I'm the "Digital Continuous Improvements Lead". (DCI Kay for short... ;) ). Secondly my schedule has changed from "delightful skipping into work within walking distance" to "desperately dodgy cars on a country lane to get to a bus at a stupidly early time in the morning".

When I was living in Folkestone work was a 25 minute walk away. I could leave at 7.30am and be there 30 minutes before my start time (I like a warm up period before my official start). Now I leave my house as 6.15am. I walk through dark, unlit country lanes without pavements to catch a bus at 6.30am. That gets me to the train station (due it be invariably late) just in time to usually catch the 6.52am train to Folkestone. 35 minutes later I get off at Folkestone and have a 15 minute walk to work to make it just in time for an 8.00am start.

It's not very pleasant. One further point against is someone who gets on the bus at a stop after mine. He gets on every time and moans about the bus being late. He then gives some bizarre ticket request which the bus driver gets wrong several times. He grumbles. I get stressed. I sometimes pray he's not there as we approach his stop.

But there's a bright silver lining. Literally bright. Just opposite my bus stop is a house with no curtains and, every morning, a man stands in the brightly lit window getting dressed. He has no shame. I don't ever look directly but in the pitch black his window is the only light so it is hard not to see things...

So that, Dear Constant Reader, is what I get to look forward to tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment