Saturday, January 27, 2018

Jeff The Maine Coon

Since I last posted regularly Mr Gibbs has passed away and three new, previously mentioned briefly, pets have taken his place.

Chief among them, in his mind at least, is Jeff the Maine Coon. We got him in 2014 and he quickly took his place as the Head of the House.

 This picture was taken by our neighbour. In their garden. Jeff doesn't abide by old-fashioned concepts like "loyalty".

He rises at exactly 5.28am, which happens to be 2 minutes before my weekday alarm goes off (though he considers this a 7 day a week schedule regardless of my routine). He precedes to jump up on to my chest to patiently (patient = rubbing his face against mine whilst loudly purring) waits for my alarm to go off.

He then proceeds to race me and Bella downstairs (I let them win) where he expects immediate feeding. By the time I've showered he's meowing at the back door to head on out.

He spends his day wandering between our house and our neighbour's house. At both places he can find comfortable lodgings (he has his own sofa over the drive with the neighbours) and fine dining (the day I saw my catless neighbour carrying a bag full of cat food, I knew Jeff was two-timing us).

Upon my arrival home at 5.30pm he runs alongside Jim's car and begins rolling around on our patio excited to be allowed in for his evening meal. Then, knowing perfectly well he can't go out after that, he sits by the door to the patio in our front room and meows incessantly, ignoring all pleas and death threats that follow.

Finally he accompanies me to bed, along with the dogs, to be fed treats before he settles in for a sleep at the threshold to our room... until it all starts again the next day.

Basically... he's living the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment