Friday, January 05, 2018

Ready Player One

So yesterday I did a quick look at my Second Life. There is a reason I returned to SL and that reason is even geekier than SL itself. Ready Player One.

About two years ago I read Ready Player One and instantly thought of Second Life. But Jim has installed Linux on my laptop and, being an idiot, there was no way I was going to figure out how to install SL on to that laptop. So it was quickly forgotten again. Then back in May I was reading it a second time when I got a nice bonus come through and I bought myself a new (Windows) laptop.

And that is how I got the addiction back. Now, of course, I was aware a movie was coming up but I was sceptical as to how good it'd be. However the trailers have impressed me and now I totally excited for it! It looks fantastic!



The level of detail, in terms of geeky references, totally matches the (at times annoying) level found in the book itself. Can't wait, check out this video which shows some of the awesome 80s stuff coming our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment