Saturday, January 13, 2018

Concentration

Today we didn't have any electricity for four hours. This was because Jim was rendering repairs on underfloor heating and, selfishly, didn't want to get electrocuted. Foolishly, I'd not prepared and my phone was running low on battery.

This all meant I had to try to amuse myself non-digitally. And I just don't think I've got the concentration for it!!



I read. I read almost every day. My commute mainly involves me reading. I LOVE books. But when silence descended on the house and Bella came and fell asleep on my lap, my ability to read more than a few lines before putting the book down was lost.

I tried reading serious books. I tried reading manga. Nothing worked.

I really, really need to relearn the ability to embrace silence and concentration. I'll add it to my to do list.

2 comments:

  1. I find it a lot easier to read during commutes than while at home (where I can do so many other things too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... did have a repeat power outage today and I got through a lot more of the book today. Must have just been my mood yesterday. Though reading when the power is on? Impossible!

    ReplyDelete