Friday, October 12, 2007

Sleepy

So far since Monday I've done 6 days of work. And I've still got a couple of hours to do tomorrow (I know... working on the weekend... *sob*). The company I'm working for is "changing". Joy! My most pressing concern is Charles Dera can no longer be my background, it's got to be a corporate background. :( Sadness. Anyhew... I have no money which is very annoying. And that's really been my week... boring and a little depressing... so...

Go see all about how a South China Tiger has been spotted in the wild... and see a really cute tiger cub picture. I want one!

I'm just about to finish a really marvellous book called The World Without Us, which also has very good website. I will certainly be making a whole post about this book but for now it's given me plenty of food for thought.

Here's a good article about the "An Inconvenient Truth" trial. I find it humourous that someone would not want their kids to be taught something, although I agree the other side of the argument should be presented. In our schools creationism is taught in Religious Studies as one of many religious themes whilst evolution is taught in Biology. I don't see why climate change can't be taught in a similar way (the non believers views would probably fit best in politics though... to say climate change isn't happening is a bit dumb, considering the Earths climate is in CONSTANT flux). The climate we live in is quite different to the climates our ancestors have survived through and the climate in the future will be quite different from now. That's life... the only problem is, are we making things worse? (In my opinion... of course we are... that's what humans do!).



Yoinked from Jonge Mannen

1 comment:

  1. I put the "climate change doesn't exist" people in the same column as the "earth is flat" people.

    Hope both work and the money situation improve for you, Jae!

    ReplyDelete