Sunday, October 01, 2006

So What Have I Learnt About Me?

So it's been 2 weeks since I started delving into my family history. Have I uncovered any excitement? Nope. Which is kind of reassuring. The parts of my family I've located seem to have spent generations in exactly the same place; the Witherdens in Biddenden, Kent, the Winchs in Filmwell, Sussex, the Barrows and Waters in Kilndown, Kent and the Bristows in Dartford, Kent.

Now some might find this dull and disheartening. But to me it just makes me feel ever more Kentish. Now I know the Kays are probably from Yorkshire or Lancashire (northern blood... noooooo) and the Bristows and Coles probably come from up north too. But let us not worry about that... Kent rules after all.

Ooo... Filmwell is part of Ticehurst, Sussex and I love what the Wikipedia says about that

"Locally, the people of the area have a fairly bad reputation, most notably in the nearby parish of Wadhurst, where the people of Ticehurst are considered to be aggressive, ill cultured and violent."


The people of Wadhurst sound a bit boring (except for one of my Wadhurst relatives who married into the Filmwell lot...)

329 people in my tree as of now.

Now everyones favourite man of Kent is...



In the news... the American Democrats have got all excited because a Republican Congressman exchanged smutty messages with an office junior. A 16 year old one no less (in this country we call that flirting, over there it seems to be some kind of crime up there with murder). Nice to know our Democratic "friends" are so keen to play the homophobic card... I agree with Blogcritics... the gay Republicans need to grow a pair. But the Democrats need to stop relying on scandal to get ahead in the polls and MAYBE START GETTING SOME GOOD POLICIES TOGETHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment