Thursday, July 03, 2008

Why I Love The Bilerico Project

Some time ago I started reading the Bilerico Project (I think one Scott-O-Rama first brought my attention to it). And I have found it intensely interesting. This week it reaches it's first birthday and I thought I'd just put a shout out to it, and spread the word a little.

This is a gay current affairs blog with a difference. Sadly it is very USA centric, but as I find the USA endlessly diverting this doesn't put me off. It obviously deals with the big queer news out there but what it does that is slightly different is it also reports on queer news often overlooked especially from the perspective of the black LGBT community in America. This is just something I don't hear that much about and I've found it fascinating. On top of that, it is a group blog so it offers many different views and perspectives.

If you haven't checked it out, and have an interest in America, I encourage you to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:12 pm

    Thanks for mentioning us! We're rather fond of you too. *grins* We've been searching for a blogger from the UK so feel free to apply. But you'd better be careful - we might pick you! :)

    ReplyDelete