Sunday, July 06, 2008

London Pride 2008: My Favourite Pictures

Here are a few of my fave pics from yesterday's parade. See my Flickr page for all the pictures.


This gal was on the London Lesbian and Gay Switchboard float. Hirarious!


I might not agree with much that Labour supporters now say but... this sign made me laugh so hard as I also nodded my head in agreement.


Boris Johnson seemed at ease on the parade, but not far behind him was a group of marchers shouting "BORIS, BORIS, BORIS. OUT, OUT, OUT!!". I gave them a loud supporting blow on my rainbow whistle (of course I had a rainbow whistle!).


Nick Clegg showed his face at the Trafalgar Square post parade rally.

This guy was walking with the St John's Ambulance crew I think. Phwoah!!!


Sir Ian McKellan did not join the front of the parade this year, instead he lead the Stonewall contingent.


Drag queens are what makes the parade special. From the glamourous (as above) to the bizarre their colour adds something unique to a Pride parade.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:52 pm

    Wow! I need an ambulance after seeing the guy in photo number 5! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Jae. Hope you had a great weekend.

    http://richiepride.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete