Thursday, July 03, 2008

Happy Independence Day

To all my American readers, enjoy your day! I will be... thanks to the many, many Americans I work with our work is also celebrating July 4th with food and drinks.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it.


Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Archibald Stuart, Philadelphia (December 23, 1791)

I'd give anything to know what Thomas Jefferson would think of George W. Bush. ANYTHING! Wouldn't that be a delicious exchanges of letters... Jefferson versus Bush... if only.

There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.


President Clinton's first inaugural address, Jan. 20, 1993

True, too true. For all my current dislike for the current administration, I still cannot pretend my love of the country and it's ideals has ever been diminished. If only America would throw off those relics of the eighties, the Evangelists, then it might return to it's glorious post as the leading nation of the free world.

No comments:

Post a Comment