Thursday, February 01, 2018

So What Geekery Is There To Get Excited About In 2018?

Pacific Rim Uprising


I thought Pacific Rim was... okay. But now we're heading into "franchise" territory so there's a lot riding on the sequel. No Charlie Hunnam this time though... he claims he was busy on King Arthur but I'm hoping he was working on the top secret Queer as Folk series 3... ;)


Deadpool 2


Deadpool is one of those Marvel characters I've managed to avoid for my entire Marvel fandom (that's over 20 years... ahem...) until his movie came out. The movie was... perfection. I headed back to the comics, caught up with the adventures of Deadpool and was totally smitten with him. I've got such high hopes for Deadpool 2... please be good. PLEASE.

The First Purge



Last year I finally watch the Purge movies. I'd seen stuff about them on and off and wrote them off as some sort of b-movie rubbish. Well I now own all three and LOVE them. That world is utterly bizzare but really intriguing as a concept. Now a prequel is on its way and I'm stoked! 

The Meg


I've been a fan of Steve Alten's Meg series for years... he's been talking about this movie for pretty much the same length of time in his monthly emails to fans. AND NOW IT IS FINALLY HERE!!! Soon. Ish. Ok, August. But still. GIANT SHARK. Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment