Thursday, February 22, 2018

Ray of Light

Catatonia's International Velvet may have been the main stay on my Walkman as I went about delivering papers in early 1998, but Madonna's Ray of Light album was equally important on my boombox (yes, I had a boombox). Frozen and the Ray of Light single were always on the radio too and remind me of driving around with my Mum to Snodland and Tunbridge Wells.


Frozen was there in the cold winter months of 1998, when depression was rising and my first crush was blooming. Ray of Light came along when the first crush was over and summer had arrived, playing on the radio during my work experience at Saga that year.



Two songs that practically defined my 1998 (and cemented my love for Madonna which was first born in the 1980s when I LOVED Holiday when I was Tiny Jae).

Plus the other songs on this album like Candy Perfume Girl, Nothing Really Matters and the Power of Goodbye are epically good.

No comments:

Post a Comment