Thursday, February 08, 2018

2 Weeks; No Jim

Two weeks alone with just the fluffies in Eastry has been... not very nice.

Jim comes home from Mexico on Saturday and I can't wait. This is the longest we've been apart for years.

Once I've got to the weight I'd like I think I need to, finally, learn to drive. Being alone in London or Folkestone, that was one thing. But being alone in the middle of nowhere, where even walking to a shop in the evening is impossible due to the lack of pavements and streetlights. A journey into Sandwich is like an 30 minute trip braving the dark lane and catching a bus. A journey to Folkestone to go out with anyone I know is nearly 2 hours away if you factor in the bus, train and walk. Driving? Sandwich is like 5 minutes away and Folkestone 25 minutes (it'd be quicker if it wasn't for Dover being in between here and there with its crazy road network of doom).

So yeah... maybe 2019 is the year Jae learns to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment