Saturday, February 10, 2018

A Big Surprise

Jim came home today. He's currently snoozing next to me on the sofa. YAY! :)

Obviously, with him coming home, I did a quick tidy of the house. The pile of letters by the door was getting a bit outrageous. I never get post so no reason for me to check it, after all.

I sorted them and, worryingly, there was a letter for me. Bulky. It looked important. I opened it with the sense of dread only someone who finds money incredibly stressful can feel.

It was from Barclaycard. I have just under £200 left to pay off of my card and I know I've... erm... been ignoring it. Damn it, I thought, here comes the chase up nasty letter.

I started to read. It was about a PPI claim. They'd sent me a letter months ago about PPI and I'd responded after MUCH nagging from Jim. I'd convinced myself all this PPI stuff was either a scam or, in this case, pointless. They'd come back a while later to refuse my claim. I was smug because obviously I'd been right, it was all pointless.

Then a few weeks later they'd sent another letter saying they may have missed something when they reviewed my case and I should do a new claim given a recent Supreme Court ruling. I didn't complete it, much to Jim's horror. But eventually it was sent back again. I forgot about it.

Well as I read the several pages of letter about my claim I realised they wanted to refund me money. There were lots of sums given. It was written in rather opaque language so I didn't really know if the sums were all part of the first sum mentioned or separate.

They were separate. At the back was a cheque for over £2900. I stopped my tidy up and went and had a sit down. That's enough money to pay off all my debts and leave me with a couple of hundred spending money.

Amazing. Then I checked my bank balance. I've got no money until Thursday. Typical. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment