Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Weekend - Thank God!

I hate the barbers! I've said it before and I will say it again!

I am not at all shocked by the sleazy stories coming out about Labours deputy leadership election. I am, however, shocked by the kind of sums of money being bandied about. Was John Prescott's old job really that powerful a position as to warrant hundreds of thousands of pounds of money going to possibly unsuccessful bids for it??

The politics of Britain today are starting to rival the 18th and 19th Century's for sleaziness and scandal. And that is bloody saying something!

I long for a politician who is at once a great thinker and a great speaker who might once again raise this country back to hope... rather than these seedy back room dealers who act more like dodgy street sellers than leaders of this great country.

It feels like it really is time for a change... the Tories fell to scandal and now Labour is doing the same. We are in the middle of a turbulent decade and we need a real leader rather than these wannabe CEOs to help guide us through these cynical times.

No comments:

Post a Comment