Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Very Civilised Evening

Last night I left work a whole glorious hour early and made my way to the Thomas Moore pub near St Katherine's Dock. I settled in with a pint of beer, reading the Guardian and awaited the arrival of Jim, Mark and Jo. They arrived shortly afterwards and we had a couple of drinks and spoke about DIY problems in the house.

That conversation was brought on by an incident the other day when Jim accidentally left the kitchen taps on whilst answering a phone call and came back to the kitchen to discover a mini flood... which sadly went through some crack into the neighbours flat below. Poor Jim was so upset.

Anyway after that we meandered down to our favourite restaurant, Il Bordello. As usual the service was faultless, the food divine and the cost moderate. Feeling rather full after a Bruscetta and a Spaghetti Carbonara (on my part at least!) we headed down to the Captain Kidd pub in Wapping for the usual Sam Smith fare (Alpine Lager is about the only thing in there I like).

The taxi home was quick and surprisingly inexpensive, surprising because the only times I normally get a taxi home are in the early hours whilst very drunk.

It was such a lovely night out... I really do love that place, especially as it was the restaurant Jim and I had our first real date in.

Today is pay day... it's been six long weeks since I was last paid. Today has been good for me. So far... there's still an hour and a half until the phones get turned off... then the day will be perfect...

1 comment: