Monday, January 21, 2008

An Interesting Lunch

The company I work for is in a building directly opposite a homelessness shelter, ThamesReach Bondway (where a mate from the local, Mark, works). For years people have been complaining about the homeless who frequent the street between our buildings and blaming the shelter.

Well today half of the company (and a few volunteers such as myself) wandered across to their building for lunch and a presentation which consisted of a video of a documentary that was shot there in 2004 and a question and answer session with some of the managers of the centre.

It was very informative and quite interesting, especially listening to some of my colleagues questions which seriously made me think... "Who are these people I thought I knew??" Some of the questions were either worringly ill informed or just bigoted.

So... having since the good work these people do at helping people move from a life of horror on the streets to a more secure and hopeful future I thought maybe it was time I lent a hand... so in that vein I begin by begging... you know guys, thanks to the money my Mum got to me before Christmas no one bought me a Christmas present from my wishlist!! So instead... I plead with you to donate some money to the Thames Reach organisation via this page, if you donate some money I will be eternally grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment