Sunday, January 20, 2008

Oh The Horror!



I finally watched this movie all the way through and my initial reaction of "Yuck it sucks" has been replaced with "Hmm... it's pretty much a nothingness". It's good in parts but nothing really holds your attention. It feels quite pointless. Which is bad as to me Predator, Alien and Aliens are three of the best movies I've ever seen. To have this as their legacy is quite disgusting. Alien3, Resurrection and Predator 2 might have been a mixed bag and AvP may have been less than perfect but at least I felt they tried!

AvP:R is a disappointment on a grand scale... Personally I think they should scrap the AvP franchise, put the Predator on hiatus and focus on restoring the Alien franchise back to some pre Alien3 glory.



And again... I'd waited forever for this movie and then never got round to watching it until today. It was good. Very good in places. What I loved was how faithful to Stephen King's original story it was. However the ending, and for once I won't give it away, is extremely bleak and quite unlike the novellas ambiguous ending. It did let me down a little.

The movie managed to get across one of Stephen Kings reoccuring themes very well: monsters might be scary but people are truly terrifying. Marcia Gay Harden's Mrs Carmody sent shivers down my spine as she called out for blood.

1 comment:

  1. I did not see the first AVP, so I guess I will skip this one as well

    ReplyDelete