Friday, February 10, 2006

It Never Rains, It Just Pours... Through The Roof

Last night as I headed home I had that "It's nearly over for the week" feeling washing over me. I was all light and airy as I unlocked the front door and bent down to pick up the post. I paused... was that water I heard? Drip drip drip drip... hmmm...
 
I walked into the hall a little further and walked right into a stream of water flowing down from the ceiling... from our flat.... AH! I rushed upstairs and struggled to find the lock with my key...
 
The flat was a perfect scene of tranquility. The aquarium bubbled peacefully and the smell of something long dead in the kitchen swept up my nostrils but otherwise all was fine. So I immediately knew what I had to do... call Jim and tidy the flat!! I searched for the internal stop cock (long and hard) not realising it was in the basement... I'm useless in times of great panic involving technical things.
 
So that was my drama last night, and after a visit from the landlord and a trip into the scary basement, we went for dinner to Richard I. There is still no water in the flat.... Oh what fun!!!!

2 comments:

  1. should hav called the fire brigade so those hunky firemen can be all...firemen-like....

    ReplyDelete
  2. well as I came to my senses a big old fire engine did zoom past... I should have flagged them down! There's a firestation just down the road actually.. mmm... I wonder if they have showers there? ;op

    ReplyDelete