Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Voting Day And Other Rubbish

So today I cast my postal vote... of course I selected Brian Paddick as my first choice for Mayor, with Ken Livingstone as my second, tactical, vote. Hopefully if the polls are right and Brian sadly doesn't get it, my vote will help ensure Mr Boris "I Like To Allow People To Be Beaten Up (allegedly)" Johnson doesn't get in.

My vote for the local candidate for the assembly went to the Lib Dems again but in the interests of plurality I cast a maverick vote for the Green Party on the Party list vote. I'm not a big fan of a lot of Green policies but I do like a few of them and I always think it's good to mix it up a little when voting.

I'll laugh with you at the candidate list I was sent later and some of the appalling adverts in there for such people as the BNP and Christian Choice. Bless them.

Work is horrid today. I am counting the seconds until home time... and until my holiday.

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure if I would choose Ken or Brian. But Boris, never!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides getting the right person in office for Mayor the important thing is that you voted.

    That's something over here in the U.S. we have big problem with - people not voting. Hopefully that's changing with the current presidential election. Voters are turning out in record numbers in the primaries. It's about the only thing we can be thankful of from G.W. Bush.

    By the way, Lika is wondering why Jae is only following 1 person on Twitter, lol.

    Oops - just refreshed the page, now it's two!

    ReplyDelete