Monday, November 26, 2007

Present Day!

Woo. The first part of my Christmas shopping arrived today in a huge Amazon.co.uk box (ordered Saturday, here on Monday. Impressive service as always). The postman gave me such a dirty look as it was very heavy. Poor man! All of Jim's presents plus a couple for my families. Oh and a few for me of course... Star Wars Legacy: Volume 1 graphic novel, The Beasts That Hide From Man, A Dictionary Of Cryptozoology and Three Men Seeking Monsters. :)

We had lunch down in Wetherspoons (my first ever Surf 'n' Turf... delicious) and I picked up another "present" for myself in Waterstones; Temeraire by Naomi Novik.

We did some shopping at Bookers, a wholesale chain, and I bought myself the LARGEST bag of giant Coca Cola bottles, my favourite jelly sweets. Plus a huge box of Reeses Nutrageous bars, something that can be fairly hard to get hold of here in Britain. Yum! Oh and two hundred million* yule logs

Some people are a bit too sensitive... such as over the Muhammad Teddy bear incident. I give it two days before riots break out across the world protesting for that poor teacher to be killed. I give it three days before the death toll from said protests reaches double figures.

There's rules promoting respect for native beliefs and there's STUPID idiotic draconian laws restricting peoples freedoms and I think this incident proves Sudan has a lot of the latter.

I'm in a Charles Dera mood today (rather than a Jensen Ackles one... I alternate!).



* May not be two hundred million.

2 comments:

  1. I do love "Surf 'n' Turf" - haven't had it for a while, but your mention of it makes me think I must reacquaint myself with it!

    My last order from Amazon a couple of weeks ago was a purely narcissistic matter - a piece of exercise equipment which I am thoroughly enjoying using during my [almost] daily workouts. I haven't got down seriously yet to Christmas-present ordering; must get some wine-gift orders off before the end of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet site said the book had a "...picture of the bear on the cover and a message which read, "My name is Muhammad."", "The bear itself was not marked or labelled with the name in any way, he added." DUH!!! As if any other meaning but "Muhammad the Bear" would be the result!!! She must have been so far out to lunch she was at dinner the next day alredy!!! If she had "no idea", she was just being plain stupid. THAT is not a crime.

    ReplyDelete