Friday, December 04, 2009

Disappointments

Work. Currently we are in the first stages of redeployment (for which read redundancy) across many different departments in the company I work for. That includes my department. I applied for a new job a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed to not even be shortlisted for the role. The real disappointing thing was that I know the people who were shortlisted... if they are better than me then I'm in REAL trouble. Shudder.

Anyhew, I'm not a careerist and so it's a disappointment but hardly as important as the next downer this week: Jim has got H1N1!! He wasn't feeling too well on Wednesday and took a turn for the worse yesterday... hopefully he'll be feeling a little better when he wakes up today. I've taken carers leave so he doesn't need to do anything today.

So let us look beyond disappointments and worrying things to something moe pleasant...



This blogger works for nothing but the joy of writing but always appreciates things bought from his wishlist

1 comment:

  1. OK... let's look on the bright side:

    Jim can spend a couple of days catching up on his favourite DVDs and not feel guilty for lazing around.

    The potential job change may PUSH you towards the Garden of England move and help with the decision making process.

    Why not cheer yourself up tomorrow by taking 5 lovely pictures for me? (subtle huh?!)

    ReplyDelete