Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Time Is Here!

For the most part I've been able to spend the last few days being all smug at having purchased all my presents online. I hate shopping at the best of times, but I absolutely fail to understand the urge people have at Christmas time to engage in the torturous consumerist ritual of Christmas shopping.

Sadly, I had to pop to Tesco's in Lewisham today. Tesco's in Lewisham gives me a headache at the best of times, but today... today was awful. It was bad enough doing the shopping but the queue at the checkout was where even Jim "Nothing To Worry About, We're Not In A Rush" Niven lost his temper. We were third in the queue. Not bad I hear you think. Alas, first in the queue were two women who had three trolleys full of food. They couldn't quite understand the concept of one loading and one packing and instead one continued to shop whilst the other had a nice chat with the checkout girl. They were there for ONE HOUR. ONE HOUR just to checkout 3 trolleys of shopping. ONE HOUR!! Stupid people..

Anyway... I've got a meal with the family in the pub and a quiz tomorrow, Christmas Day in Hythe and then should be back home sometime on Boxing Day. So I probably won't be blogging between now and then and thus I want to wish every Dear Constant Reader a very Merry Christmas!!



Yuck... Happy Holidays. How very dull. I think next year we must all eradicate such silly phrases... it's Merry Christmas or nothing! :p

This blogger works for nothing but the joy of writing but always appreciates things bought from his wishlist

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jae and Jim, Merry Christmas and have a very merry 2010. It has to be better than 2009!!!

    ReplyDelete