Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Gay Sunshine Day

I've been having a rather gay time off work. Let's not talk about the interview in case we jinx it...

I've been watching QAF US and I think I've finally decided it is better than QAF UK, even if this does make my teenage self scream out with rage. Plus I've taken a gander back at one my "Favourite But Nobody Else Likes Them" movies: But I'm A Cheerleader. Love that movie...

Whilst half heartedly tidying the bedroom the other day, I came across the old diaries I rescued a couple of months ago from the parents home. As I picked them up a couple of sheets of paper fell to the floor. Two were the first two letters Stephen ever sent me way back in 2000. In perfect condition one even still had the picture he sent me tucked inside it. I was transported back to that same teenage self as soon as I read them...

But also tucked inside was a letter from Auntie Melly when she was in hospital in March 2000. In absolute perfect condition, not an extra fold or mark on it, it could have been sent yesterday. I was half torn between smiling at her lame jokes and crying at the subtext pouring from each word, so obvious to me now but alas not then, of her terror and her loneliness at her situation. I wish, obviously, what happened never happened at all. But I also wish that if it had to happen that it could of happened when I was older, more independent. I could have been there for her when she needed someone. I'm nearly as old as she was when she died. Hardly a life at all. I'd give anything to have her about still. It's funny how the grieving stops but the pain never goes away.

I can't believe I've never seen this video before...



It has Kathy Najimy in it! I am slacking... thanks Jim for finally bringing it to my attention.

Soooooo poor right now, I'm dreaming of a Diet Coke break and I'm not even dreaming of the hunky guy. Just the Diet Coke would do. Less than 12 hours until pay day...



Did you really think I wasn't dreaming of the hunky guy??? ;) This is me we are talking about.

This blogger works for nothing but the joy of writing but always appreciates things bought from his wishlist

No comments:

Post a Comment