Wednesday, May 21, 2008

If I Should Be Close To Death...

... do not stop treating me!!! I know some people do want to be allowed to die. That is their choice. However as someone who believes that when we die we cease to exist I believe intense pain and despair is better, for me at least, than ceasing to exist at all.

I also have a major issue with the idea of a doctor not being allowed to treat a patient when they are suffering and having no choice but to let them die. I know it's the patients choice but I worry it'll lead to a change in the doctors mentality for the worse. But hey as a libertarian I'm forced to keep those opinions on here, and stay out of the debate. BUT... DO NOT STOP TREATING ME UNTIL I'M REALLY DEAD. I might start carrying a card saying "I Choose To Continue To Live".

I read a really interesting G2 article about Euthanasia whilst I was in Thailand. Pretty disturbing stuff is going on there.

I'll make it clear that I'm not anti the right of others to die, I am a libertarian after all, but it does disturb me to see such abuses occurring. There must be a better way to organise this stuff, less open to the abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment