Saturday, June 09, 2007

Blink: Doctor Who 3.10



An interesting "Doctor Lite" episode. Sadly it suffers the same problems as "Love and Monsters" and Torchwood's "Random Shoes"; the main characters are missing. The Doctor MAKES Doctor Who and without him things can be a little dull. And poor Martha gets relegated to Girl In Background.

If we forget about that for the time being it's quite an interesting premise, having creatures that can't attack you unless you look away (hmmm... sound familiar?). Sadly I just didn't feel any "atmosphere". I wasn't scared at all. Shame.

But let me just say this would beat series 2's "Love and Monsters" hands down. That episode is the one I'd like to erase from my brain... this one was very watchable at least!

Technorati Tags: Doctor Who

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:40 pm

    I agree. Much better than Love & Monsters (well it couldn't possibly be worse could it) and given that it was the obligatory low budget/fill in episode whilst Tennant is off filming the Christmas special or whatever, I think they did it well. I would also mention that I picked up the fact that the idea for this came from a story in the 2006 annual way before they mentioned it on the Confidential.

    ReplyDelete