Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm Going Slightly Mad

I work in customer service for an online retailer. This may explain the title.

Let's just go through the process. If you need some goods urgently it's best to check the stock before ordering. Our website provides a stock check on the product information screen which shows the customers an estimated delivery date. It's that simple! Just like Amazon!

But customers can't quite comprehend this. Normally we deal business to business mainly with consumers being a small, annoying but tolerated nuisance. But at the moment the business' are quiet (because it's nearly Christmas!!) And consumers are busily buying gifts on our site (WHY?? We don't sell fun stuff!! "Here you go, have a stapler"). And they are stupid.

All day today I've had calls such "I ordered this yesterday and it still hasn't arrived. It's really urgent and this is simply not good enough. Your company are a bunch of twats." I check the order and find no parcel tracking. I become concerned. I check the product on the website. Stock check: 6 + weeks delivery. I go back to customer and just want to say "Hi. Are you blind? Did your brain get removed at birth? And did your mother not teach you that swearing is bad. Swearing at strangers is even worse. So why don't you piss off?"

But of course I don't. But please people, if you order online, read the stock check! If you really urgently need the item and don't check the stock check you are a dumbass who deserves to have an awful Christmas.

And all consumers are constantly in a bad mood. Grr...

No comments:

Post a Comment