Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Confederate States of America


Today I saw C.S.A.: The Confederate States of America. Ever since I first saw Ken Burn's Civil War I've had a quiet interest in the American Civil War. I'm also an alternative history freak. So I was looking forward to the movie. It was okay. I very much doubt slavery would have survived into the 21st Century, and I also doubt whether the Confederacy would have annexed the North. They didn't like the Yankees to start with, why would they want to occupy their territory?


But it was somewhat interesting as a look into the strange society slavery produces. The mind boggles.




Technorati : , ,

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:19 pm

    Confederation may have worked for Canada but the case for conderation in the US was terrible as it promoted slavery.

    ReplyDelete