Saturday, March 28, 2009

Post Office Stupid

I went down to the "Post Shop" today, just after 9 a.m., to collect an Amazon parcel that I'd had redirected there (containing the 2009 Spartacus Guide [the queer Bible] and Death Note Volume 1 [which I was pleased to note is still in the Japanese format so I can look weird on the train as I read it "backwards"]). Outside was the usual group of foreign students who seem to always gather there (I think there's an English school there but these students looked more like an Italian school party rather than students of the school) . They just stood inside and outside of the door of the "Post Shop" and any attempt to get in discreetly was blocked (I tried the slipping through a gap approach and the "Scusi" way.... to no effect). So I had to actually barge my way through them, at points having to put my hands either side of them to move them out of my way. 

And they didn't even blink. 

I thought this was weird, even for the disorganised Italians, but on the way back out I had to practically pick up one of the boys (who was about 18) to get him out of my way.

And nobody made a remark or even looked in my direction.

Is that not really strange??? 

I know from experience that Italian students are bizarre but this was a little too much... 

This blogger works for nothing but the joy of writing but always appreciates things bought from
his wishlist

No comments:

Post a Comment