Monday, March 30, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

So... there I was  walking to the shop past the local Baptist church and I was disturbed to see them all standing up and swaying as some guy played an acoustic guitar. On the way back they were still doing it. I really didn't believe Christians actually did that, most disturbing. 

Jim got up at some ungodly hour this morning (an hour before me!! Unheard of!) and headed off to hospital for his operation. I felt bad I wasn't going with him but work is obviously far more important to me. Oh wait... no it's not. Why didn't I go with him??? Mean me. 

Work was... horrid. I spent the whole time staring at my mobile waiting for a call (the call?). When it eventually did ring I grabbed it so hard I disconnected Jim. D'oh! Anyway, the operation appears to have gone ok (in that they cut open his hand and removed something which is to be analysed). 

Went to visit him in the Princess Grace hotel hospital near Baker Street. The trip up was fun as I amazed and dazzled fellow H&C line passengers with my backwards book... mwhahaha... 

The hospital... well it was nice, and proves once and for all... going private pays off ! But poor Jim, looked like everyone does when they are in a hospital gown, and in pain. :( 

I stayed for a couple of hours, ate the yummy food, annoyed Jim, and then left feeling like an arsehole for leaving him there. Sorry Jim, love ya. Can't stand seeing him like that. 

Hopefully, all being well, he will be home tomorrow whilst we wait for results. Am off work tomorrow to go "collect him" (that's go to hospital and get taxi home with him in it) and make sure he has everything he needs. 

Me no like Jim being poorly. 

This blogger works for nothing but the joy of writing but always appreciates things bought from his wishlist

2 comments:

  1. I hope you both are doing well and that Jim has a swift recovery from his medical adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:03 am

    I'm glad to hear that things went well for Jim. Fingers crossed for positive results xx

    ReplyDelete